Welcome to the Talking Mickey podcast, a part of BeyondDisabilityTexas.com. Whether you're a fan of the most famous mouse in the world or simply a fan of Disney Parks, Walt Disney Films, or the history of the Walt Disney Company, please join me for this periodic podcast.
My name is Emma. I am a special needs adult and I've been a Disney fan since I was four years old. Back then, my family and I went to Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida for the first time. We stayed at Disney's Contemporary Resort and had a Magic Kingdom view hotel room. It was amazing, even for a four year old with special needs. We rode The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh seven or eight times before our long weekend was over. Since then, I've visited Walt Disney World over twenty times and Disneyland Resort one time in 2019. I've been to all six Disney Parks in the United States of America, except Typhoon Lagoon. When we visited Disneyland, we also took time to visit Walt Disney's grave to pay respect to this creative genius, who has brought smiles to millions of people's faces since 1928 when he first arrived in California.
This podcast will feature conversations with my friends and fellow Disney fans, whenever time allows and for however we long decide to talk. It's informal and it's meant to be fun, so join me by subscribing to Talking Mickey through your iPhone or iPad using Apple Podcasts (Link) and supporting the show through Patreon.com (Link).
Here's a bit more about my own Disney fandom. What are your Top 3 favorites?
- Favorite Disney Parks: Animal Kingdom, Magic Kingdom, Disneyland
- Favorite Disney Attractions: Expedition Everest, Big Thunder Mountain, Haunted Mansion
- Favorite Disney Resort Hotels: Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo House, Contemporary Resort, Polynesian Village Resort
- Favorite Disney Restaurants: Crystal Palace, Cinderella's Royal Table, California Grill
- Favorite Disney Characters: Mickey Mouse (duh!), Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, Merida (from Brave)
- Favorite Disney Snack Foods: Mickey Bars, Popcorn, Zebra Domes
- Favorite Disney Movies: Lion King (1994), Up (2009), Brave (2012)
- Favorite Disney YouTube Channels: Fresh Baked!, Randomland, Alex the Historian -- and a bonus channel! Provost Park Pass
- Favorite Disney Podcasts: The WDW Radio Show, Finding Walt Disney, Inside the Magic
If you post on social media about the show or have show topic or guest ideas, please use the hashtag #TalkingMickey.
Episode 1, Season 1