Listen to Podcasts
Listen to Podcasts
About the Show
The Talking Mickey Project was created to build an Online Community for Special Needs Families around their shared love of Disney Theme Parks. By doing this, Emma (Host) hopes to demonstrate how individuals with disabilities can truly realize their dreams with the support of their family and friends. Be part of the Community by joining the Facebook Group called Differently-Abled Disney Fans.
Emma hosts theTalking Mickey Project on YouTube and you can watch livestreams on Wednesdays and Saturdays at 8:00 PM Eastern / 7:00 PM Central. You can also find her on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Disclaimer: The Talking Mickey Project is not affiliated with The Walt Disney Company or any of its affiliates. It is solely an independent and unofficial fan-based production.
About the Host
My name is Emma and I am a differently-abled adult. I have what some call an unseen disability and I have been a Disney fan since I was four years old. Back then, my family and I went to Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida for the first time. We stayed at Disney's Contemporary Resort and had a Magic Kingdom view hotel room. It was amazing, even for a four year old with special needs. We rode The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh seven or eight times before our long weekend was over. Since then, I've visited Walt Disney World over twenty times and Disneyland Resort one time in 2019. I've been to seven of the eight Disney Parks in the United States of America; only Typhoon Lagoon remains on my list. When we visited Disneyland, we also took time to visit Walt Disney's grave to pay respect to this creative genius, who has brought smiles to millions of people's faces since 1928 when he first arrived in California.
Here are some of my favorite Disney parks, attractions, hotels, restaurants, characters, and more!
- Favorite Disney Parks: Animal Kingdom, Magic Kingdom, Disneyland
- Favorite Disney Attractions: Expedition Everest, Big Thunder Mountain, Haunted Mansion
- Favorite Disney Resort Hotels: Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo House, Contemporary Resort, Polynesian Village Resort
- Favorite Disney Restaurants: Crystal Palace, Cinderella's Royal Table, California Grill
- Favorite Disney Characters: Mickey Mouse (duh!), Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, Merida (from Brave)
- Favorite Disney Snack Foods: Mickey Bars, Popcorn, Zebra Domes
- Favorite Disney Movies: Lion King (1994), Up (2009), Brave (2012)
- Favorite Disney YouTube Channels: Mouse Talk, WDWNT, Fresh Baked!, Randomland, Alex the Historian -- and a bonus channel! Provost Park Pass
- Favorite Disney Podcasts: The WDW Radio Show, Finding Walt Disney, Inside the Magic.
"Talking Mickey Project"