Listen to Podcasts
Listen to Podcasts
About the Show
Talking Mickey Project is an unofficial Disney fan production published with the support of Beyond Disability Texas. We talk about all things Disney and we demonstrate to the world that differently-abled adults can do what they love, as well as help others, when they have confidence in themselves and the support of family and friends. We publish the Talking Mickey Project podcast periodically in Apple Podcasts and we host #DisneyTriviaLive Events on YouTube on Saturday nights at 8:00 PM Eastern / 7:00 PM Central.
The Talking Mickey Project is not affiliated with The Walt Disney Company or any of its affiliates. It is solely an independent and unofficial fan-based production.
About the Host
My name is Emma and I am a differently-abled adult. I have what some call an unseen disability and I have been a Disney fan since I was four years old. Back then, my family and I went to Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida for the first time. We stayed at Disney's Contemporary Resort and had a Magic Kingdom view hotel room. It was amazing, even for a four year old with special needs. We rode The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh seven or eight times before our long weekend was over. Since then, I've visited Walt Disney World over twenty times and Disneyland Resort one time in 2019. I've been to seven of the eight Disney Parks in the United States of America; only Typhoon Lagoon remains on my list. When we visited Disneyland, we also took time to visit Walt Disney's grave to pay respect to this creative genius, who has brought smiles to millions of people's faces since 1928 when he first arrived in California.
Here are some of my favorite Disney parks, attractions, hotels, restaurants, characters, and more!
- Favorite Disney Parks: Animal Kingdom, Magic Kingdom, Disneyland
- Favorite Disney Attractions: Expedition Everest, Big Thunder Mountain, Haunted Mansion
- Favorite Disney Resort Hotels: Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo House, Contemporary Resort, Polynesian Village Resort
- Favorite Disney Restaurants: Crystal Palace, Cinderella's Royal Table, California Grill
- Favorite Disney Characters: Mickey Mouse (duh!), Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, Merida (from Brave)
- Favorite Disney Snack Foods: Mickey Bars, Popcorn, Zebra Domes
- Favorite Disney Movies: Lion King (1994), Up (2009), Brave (2012)
- Favorite Disney YouTube Channels: Mouse Talk, WDWNT, Fresh Baked!, Randomland, Alex the Historian -- and a bonus channel! Provost Park Pass
- Favorite Disney Podcasts: The WDW Radio Show, Finding Walt Disney, Inside the Magic.
You can connect with me on Instagram and on Facebook. You can also watch live #DisneyTriviaLive events on my YouTube Channel and join me for chats through my Facebook Page. If you enjoy what I do, please consider supporting me by becoming a Friend, Hiya Pal! Supporter, or Oh, Boy! Sponsor at Patreon.com/TalkingMickey. Just click the links!